Re: New launchpad-dependencies for 10.04 LTS (Lucid)?

Karl Fogel wrote:
> Thanks, Tom and Aaron.  I've updated dev.launchpad.net/Running/Lucid
> page to try to clarify this stuff.  It's hard to make that page be
> correct for everyone, since people upgrade from different states to
> different states; if something looks definitely wrong or misleading
> there, please fix (and let me know).

Those instructions are starting to look rather overcomplicated.

1) launchpad-developer-dependencies depends on launchpad-dependencies so
there's no purpose to mentioning the latter explicitly

2) Rather than enumerating individual packages that are contained in the
PPA for manual upgrade:

 * the advice should be to upgrade anything upgradable after you've
added the PPA and updated your package lists

 * the dependencies packages should ideally use suitable version clauses
to force installation of the PPA versions, where lucid contains an
inadequate version

Max.