Re: Code Import Reviews

On 06/04/10 14:03, James Westby wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to discuss reviews of new code imports.

Currently SVN and CVS code imports require review before working. What
are the reasons for this?

Relevant documentation is at:

https://dev.launchpad.net/ReviewingCodeImports

Particular points are:

* For Subversion imports, the most important thing is that people don't point the import at directory containing trunk, tags, branches directories, and make a broken and resource-sucking import.

* Apparently Launchpad must not import from apache.org, but I can't see why, because the bug is private.

The code import review setup process is a less than ideal part of the Launchpad user experience - today I resorted to asking CHR on #launchpad to expedite approval of an import of mine after it had sat for 5 days, and I saw in scrollback that someone else was noting that they'd been waiting for 2 weeks.

Assuming the problem is lack of people doing review, do I qualify as a suitably clueful community member to apply for ~vcs-imports?

Max.