Re: Source Package Recipes Disabled on Edge / What's Needed to Get Them Going Again

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 3:42 AM, Paul Hummer <paul.hummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All-
>
>  This last weekend, the buildds all fell over.  This was caused by the
> fact that I had removed ISourcePackageRecipe.sourcepackagename and
> ISourcePackageRecipeBuild.sourcepackagename, fixed the tests, and
> landed the patch.  Unfortunately, we don't have the best testing of the
> buildds, and I didn't know that the buildds were expecting this
> property to be passed to it.  This means that we needed to disable
> source package recipe builds until we get a fix.
>
>  The solution is really simple, and wgrant has just verified[1] that
> my fix is correct, and I'm landing it into devel now.  Unfortunately,
> before this can be cherry picked to production, there are two more
> branches that also need to be prepped for cherry pick to production.
> Here's the breakdown of the requirements:
>
>  1. Land my branch, which fixes bug #587109[2] - Lamont basically just
>     needs to roll this to the buildds.
>  2. Someone from Soyuz needs to land a fix to bug #587113[3] - wgrant
>     says noodles is working on this.

I've tested the branch linked on that bug locally (with your updated
buildd) and watched a recipe go through to binaries in the PPA. Yay.

I'm currently putting it through ec2 test and will land it asap.

>  3. I need to land a final branch that fixes bug #587110[4] - I will
>     do this tomorrow.  This does

On a positive note, while testing locally, I didn't have any issues
viewing /builders while SPR builds were being run. I've added a
screenshot to https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-code/+bug/587110
and set this bug to invalid. Checking the code, there is already a
SourcePackageRecipeBuildFormatterAPI in tales.py which is being used
:)

On the down-side, while testing SPRecipe builds locally, I did notice
https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-code/+bug/591271 though, which
probably should be fixed too.

Cheers,
Michael.