Re: RFC: One True Way of addressing notification emails.

On 11 June 2010 14:53, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 06/11/2010 05:51 AM, Graham Binns wrote:
>>> Agree, the statement is basically "bug 111147 says that Jane Doe
>>> changed me to confirmed/medium".
>
>> I like this solution, and I'm not sure why I didn't think of it in the
>> first place, frankly.
>
> 122 Bug addresses are already cluttering up my Thunderbird address book.
>  I'd hate to see that get worse.  But I agree there's a difference
> between Launchpad notifying you of a change, and Launchpad delivering a
> message on another user's behalf.

I'm not sure we can do much to fix the
bug-addresses-in-your-address-book problem, because it occurs when you
reply to an email rather than when you receive one (at least that's my
experience; YMMV depending on clients, etc.).

--
Graham Binns | PGP Key: EC66FA7D