Managing disclosure mockups for testing

Hi Matthew, et al.

I would like your assistance organising a new round of UI testing with
Lp stakeholders. for Managing Disclosure -- allow project owners to
control who has access to private data and see what data is disclosed.

Attached are 6 mockups that represent a 4th round of changes based on
input from stakeholders. This round proved to be as hard design as my
initial proposal (I am exhausted):

     1. The word "access" was leading stakeholders to think about ACLs,
        which is orthogonal to this feature. We are not creating a
        system to grant read and write access, but stakeholders assumed
        from the language in the mockups that we are.
     2. The description of what a user can see vs. project roles was
        confusing. I have invented two terms that I hope summarise how
        bugs and branch subscriptions work, and how we will allow
        projects give trusted persons power to see all private
        artefacts.
     3. The search/listing page now has two views to address the two
        scenarios that stakeholders want to do. The first is to see what
        is disclosed and change/add permission. The second is to
        investigate who has access and how.
     4. My interviews reveal that the person picker is untrusted. When
        working with teams and users with hidden email addresses, the
        picker does not provide enough information to make a decision. I
        have added a mockup that illustrates the problem. I added the
        person launchpad id to the picker, but I expect that we need to
        provide more information to give stakeholders confidence in the
        picker.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/