Re: ec2 land change now requires a token with authorization to write data

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Curtis Hovey
<curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 13:18 -0200, Diogo Matsubara wrote:
>> To get a new token, you need to remove your old token from your
>> machine:
>>
>> rm
>> ~/.launchpadlib/api.edge.launchpad.net/credentials/launchpad-branch-lander
>> rm
>> ~/.launchpadlib/api.launchpad.net/credentials/launchpad-branch-lander
>>
>> and go through the "get new oauth token" workflow by running ec2 land.
>> At this point you'll be asked what permission you want to give the
>> token. Choose the write/read everything option.
>>
>> Once you're sure ec2 land is working correctly, by adding the commit
>> message to the merge proposal with the qa tags, you can revoke the old
>> launchpad-branch-lander tokens at
>> https://launchpad.net/people/+me/+oauth-tokens
>
> Why do I need to delete files from the filesystem? My instinct is to
> revoke the launchpad-branch-lander tokens listed on +oauth-tokens. I
> expect the script to ask me to re-authorise them.

<stub> So revoke my existing oauth token I guess via LP.
<stub> https://edge.launchpad.net/~stub/+oauth-tokens
<stub> Whoops... that fails. Now I just get expired token errors.
<stub> rm /home/stub/.launchpadlib/api.edge.launchpad.net/credentials/launchpad-branch-lander
doesn't help either

That was before I wrote the email. So, my instinct is to first delete
the tokens (both from edge and lpnet, to avoid the last error
mentioned by stub) from the filesystem, then re-authorize, then revoke
the old ones.

I didn't try those steps myself because mine token already is
authorized to read/write. To others trying this, please help clarify
the instructions as you use them.

Diogo M. Matsubara