Re: Ubuntu developer feedback on Bazaar and Launchpad

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 4:04 AM, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/23/2010 05:46 PM, Max Bowsher wrote:
>> Casual users on all but the very fastest internet connections are likely
>> to shy away from sftp uploads until someone manages to give them a
>> progress indication, as ftp does.
>
> That depends on your client.  lftp and Nautilus both provide progress
> indication, so if you like that, you can use one of them.

However Ubuntu developers use 'dput' almost exclusively because of its
tight integration with the packaging system. E.g. debrelease --dput
ppa:foo.

However dput uses bzr's sftp client for its sftp support, so we should
be able to add a progress bar easily.

-Robg