Re: lp-propose can make your life (and your reviewer's) better

On 16 December 2010 15:19, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10-12-15 10:55 PM, Martin Pool wrote:
>>> I used to re-use branches, (remember bzr.ab?) but with Launchpad, you're
>>> just fighting against the design when you do that.  So you may wish to
>>> reconsider that practice.
>>
>> You may be right.
>>
>> My case is actually a bit different which is that I do have stubby
>> feature branches, I just reuse their names.  ie I pull from trunk into
>> doc, then I do a doc fix.
>
> - From Launchpad's perspective, you haven't got a new branch-- you've just
> changed the contents of an existing branch.  If you go and delete the
> branch in Launchpad, then when you reuse the name, it really will behave
> like a new branch.

I know.  I'm just making the distinction between a long-lived branch
that merges from trunk, and one that intermittently pulls from trunk.
They will hit different problems; I think the first is generally
worse.  (For instance it's mps will I think always be growing in
length.)

--
Martin