Re: Fwd: PQM script success

On 6 January 2011 18:59, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11-01-06 01:49 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
>> lpland is setting the message now, and I've seen some really confused
>> ones - I think the bug is therein.
>
> I set the commit message when I create the merge proposal (which is our
> recommended practise), so I view this as an anti-feature.  It just
> prepends gibberish to the field and spams me as a result.
>
> I guess that's the downside of sharing software-- people will make
> changes you don't want.

I had a thought about this when I was making dinner, and I think I've
identified where things broke down (tl;dr: 50/50 PEBKAC / tool):

 1. I ran bzr lp-land rather than utilities/ec2 land.
 2. I realised my error when it asked me for a commit message and quit
the editor.
 3. I was then prompted ("The commit message has not been changed...Do
you still want to use it, etc."). Instead of saying "No" to this, I
CTRL-C'd.
 4. I then ran utilities/ec2 land and wasn't prompted for a commit
message (though I didn't think this odd; I should have).

So, what appears to have happened - if my memory is right anyway - is
that lp-land hasn't treated my KeyboardInterrupt in the same way as it
would have tret me saying "No" to the prompt. (Note, I haven't yet
looked at the code to confirm this; it's just my recollection of
things). I'll check shortly.

--
Graham Binns | PGP Key: EC66FA7D
http://launchpad.net/~gmb