Thought about the deriviative distro series registration pages.

Hi Julian.

I looked at
https://dev.launchpad.net/LEP/DerivativeDistributions#Mockups

+newseries

Maybe the name label should be "Code name"

It would be nice if we could make version optional.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/493024
I recall that soyuz went bonkers when I tried to remove it. I believe
that sort rules require it too. I think version is only important for
distros that have public releases. Will derived distros need version?

Summary is used in lists, but I see we are not doing that at the moment.
I see there are tests in templates assuming that this field is optional

Should description be required?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/125385
I think the intent it to explain the goals of the series and how to
contribute. I suspect that derived distros will write "See the summary".

Well I think we should drop summary or description. I am not sure which.

I think the action should be "Register" because the series may exist in
other systems. "Create" is for an idea/artefact that is only in
Launchpad.

+initseries

Is parent distribution limited to distros that soyuz builds? Eg, will
it should be Fedora?

Can parent series be None?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/420295
I personally know this is true and could not give a toss. I favour
removing
non-debian distros from Lp.

The mockup implies that the architecture checkboxes are active when I
choose to use the parent series' selection. Using the .subordinate css
class will show that they are subordinate. JS can be used to disable
them
when they are not relevant.
--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________