Re: refreshed bug triage rules active

On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 13:43 -0500, Gary Poster wrote:

> As a relatively-easy-to-implement change and a strawman, could we move
> most of the current rules for High -> Medium, Critical -> High, and
> Critical to a limited set, defined in some way like the old critical
> policy of "imminent (possible or certain) significant danger"?
> Perhaps we can schedule a revisit when we have OOPS bugs down

I favour this suggestion. When Jane or Mark say something is critical, I
think the mean it is something that must be solved in days, not months.
There really should never be more critical bugs then engineers -- Any
critical bug not being worked will likely be bumped for some other bug
that just became critical. This is how we got so many high bugs that we
ignored for 5 years.

The average engineer closes 5 bugs a month. 8 engineers on maintenance
will close about 40 critical bugs. We have just under 10 months of
critical bugs assuming no other critical bugs are add.

I content that instead of lowering the high bugs were are not committed
to fixing in 6 months, we decided to raise the opposite set to critical.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/