Re: Malone Alpha Team for Subscriptions Testing

On Wednesday 12 January 2011 19:45:07 Deryck Hodge wrote:
> We won't pester you about your thoughts on the feature, but if you use
> it and spot issues, you could ping one of us bugs devs and it would
> help us polish things up a bit.  Any other feedback on the work is, of
> course, also welcome.  Thanks!

This is a nice start to reducing the email load!

I saw these three options on the subscription page for Launchpad bugs:

 * A change is made or a new comment is added to a bug in Launchpad itself.
 * Any change is made to a bug in Launchpad itself, other than a new comment
being added.
 * A bug in Launchpad itself is fixed or re-opened.

but none of them really cover what I need - I'd like to see a couple more

 * receive only "new" bugs
 * receive only new comments on bugs (not other changes)

The vast majority of bugmail that I really don't care about is status changes,
priority changes and branch linkage.  With the latter option, I solve that.
With the first option I can subscribe to individual bugs to get more info if I
want it on a case-by-case basis.

Hope that's useful feedback!

Cheers.