Re: bug message indices. stable allocation and hidden messages

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 7:40 AM, Elliot Murphy <elliot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Deryck Hodge
> <deryck.hodge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hiding comments today should *not* delete any messages and affect
>> comment numbering.  The LOSAs have an lplib script that hides them
>> using the `visible` attribute of an IBugMessage.  In the past, they
>> were deleted via a LOSA run SQL query, which indeed would have changed
>> comment numbering.
>
> A naive question from the spectators section: could this be put
> directly into the Launchpad UI so (for example) any Launchpad
> developer doing CHR could handle comment spam directly without needing
> to pling a LOSA?

Technically yes, and there should be a bug for it already; if there
isn't, one needs to be made per our operational improvements policy.
As to whom should be able to do that, thats an interesting and
separate question :)

It would be nice, I think, to let LP be more of a self service site
like slashdot / stack exchange in this respect - going beyond simple
admins + chr, and into the territory of voting up/down sort of thing.
There are definitely bugs about this already.

But we shouldn't wait for the ultimate to make things easier either ;)

-Rob