Re: Adopting loggerhead

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Michael Hudson-Doyle
<michael.hudson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If there's anything specific I can do to help with getting the
> history-db stuff deployed, please ask.  I'm pretty convinced it's an
> improvement in every way we actually care about.

So, I'm fiddling with the branches now - having finally gotten on top
of the bugs :)

What we need is a block of engineer time:
 - finish stabilising loggerhead (get to a stable baseline)
   specifically bug 708961 and bug 701329 combine to make it very hard
to detect regressions here
 - check we're not running into cache locking issues etc (which
history db could make explode)
 - configure for historydb
 - land historydb in the lp loggerhead branch
 - merge to devel
 - qa aggressively (may require qa changes to get multiple processes)
 - get deployed and watch like a hawk for a few days.

-Rob