Re: Third party JavaScript parts + skinning

Hi, again.

I will actually respond to the larger points shortly.  Just catching
up on a couple misunderstandings represented in the related comments
first.  Like...

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Robert Collins
<robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, lazr-js has a wider mandate than *just* Launchpad, however the
> Launchpad team is the maintainer for lazr-js, just like we are the
> maintainers of Launchpad itself. That means we shouldn't hesitate to
> do things in lazr-js that fit better there than elsewhere. I agree
> that lazr-js isn't ideal, but launchpad itself is less ideal : so
> putting it in lazr-js would be an improvement.

I don't think it's accurate to say the Launchpad team is the
maintainer of lazr-js.  Martin made considerable effort before leaving
Launchpad to not have lazr-js viewed this way.  While Launchpad is the
maintainer in terms of Launchpad settings, the people most actively
reviewing changes to lazr-js are myself, Martin, Maris, Paul, and
Sidnei.  I'm the only Launchpad developer left taking any serious
responsibility for lazr-js.  Sure, there have been reviews by other
Launchpad developers recently, but this is not common for lazr-js.
Usually, Launchpad developers lack confidence to make the call around
lazr-js changes.

Also, if we break something in lazr-js, we could break not only
Launchpad, but also Landscape and Ubuntu One, too.

Of course, that's tangential to changing lazr-js or what Brad is
trying to get done -- as is the whole point of this thread, honestly
;) -- but as long as we're nitpicking about the state of third party
code in our tree, let's be accurate. :)

Cheers,
deryck

--