ask users not to file bugs for timeouts?

I see a fair number of bugs like
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/719176> where users are telling us
they got a timeout on a particular page.  I have filed some myself.

It seems like these are a waste of user and developer time if they're
just saying that a particular page oopsed.  We should already know
that.

Maybe the error template should change so that in the case of a
timeout it tells people not to bother filing a bug, because it's
already tracked?

On the other hand if they were doing something particularly strange to
provoke an oops, or it was something other than a timeout oops,
perhaps it's worth getting them to describe it.

If they just want to know when it's fixed or vote for it, probably
they can find the existing bug.

--
Martin

Follow ups