Re: feature flags developer docs

On 16 February 2011 01:36, Benji York <benji.york@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for writing this up I made a couple of typo fixes and
> clarifications:
> https://dev.launchpad.net/FeatureFlags?action=diff&rev2=10&rev1=8
>
> I also have a couple of questions/observations:
>
> The use of the word "scope" in the "Flag naming" section (i.e.,
> "scope.feature.effect") confused me for a second because "scope" there
> doesn't mean the same thing as "scope" in the rest of the document.

thinko

> The bit about priorities being totally ordered isn't enforced in the
> code.  Is that a bug?

No, I don't think so.  I meant that they would be ordered only enough
to avoid ambiguity, ie within the rules pertaining to a particular
flag.  I thought from
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/669942> this had changed so
that they were universally totally ordered.  As Robert says it's in
the database that the priorities be unique per flag.

> What should we do with the large docstring at the top of
> lib/lp/services/features/__init__.py?  It covers much of the same
> material.

I merged the parts that are new.  Should we replace the docstring with
a pointer to the wiki?  Where do you want the docs to live?

Note that there's already a link to the apidocs.