Re: performance tuesday - the rabbit has landed

Hi,

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Gavin Panella
<gavin.panella@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11 May 2011 13:20, Julian Edwards <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
>> I filed a bug on testtools some time ago about having persistent fixtures so
>> when we have that hopefully we can get rid of layers and use fixtures.
>
> I think https://launchpad.net/testresources covers this sort of
> ground. Unsurprisingly, lifeless is the maintainer, and the top
> contributor also works for Canonical.

The testresource package is used in Cloud Deck and it works very well.
Storm has a builtin ZStormResourceManager that can be used to wire up
tests that need the database.  Something I miss (and maybe I just
don't where they are) is a set of obvious stock resources.  I've
written some (for managing temporary directories and files and for
mocking stdout):

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~jkakar/commandant/trunk/view/head:/commandant/testing/resources.py

Thanks,
J.