PPA with Lucid backport of Python 2.7

Hi Matthias and Barry,

We would like to start migrating Launchpad to Python 2.7. That should help us
also for the next LTS migration (since it's unlikely that 2.6 would be in it.)

We talked in the past of providing a version of the next LTS python version in
a PPA to make it easier for people migrating from LTS to LTS. Can we make this
happen?

For Launchpad, in addition to python, we'd need the following package
available in the PPA:

python-dev
python-psycopg2
python-apt
python-geoip
python-profiler
python-svn
python-subversion
python-sqlite
python-imaging
python-feedparser
python-paramiko
python-openid
python-openssl
python-chardet
python-tickcount
python-lxml
python-magic
python-pygments
python-subunit
python-support
python-pysqlite2
python-pyrex
python-egenix-mxdatetime
python-egenix-mxtools
python-amqplib
python-gmpy

I'm not sure we need the one in that list that are all architecture.

Cheers

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx