Re: A draft microservice for gpg verification

Hi Stuart,

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Stuart Bishop
<stuart.bishop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've refactored this into parts and added the client side code I think
> we need. I've also added ZeroMQ as an alternative transport.
>
> Branch is at lp:~stub/+junk/gpgverify
>
> Random thoughts:
>
> ZeroMQ seems to do what it says on the tin.
>
> Unlike HTTP, we need to define our own protocol. This gives us more
> flexability, but also more to think about.

If you go down this route it could be interesting to use the same
protocol that Mongrel2 uses, so that you could eventually migrate to
it (Mongrel2 looks pretty awesome, though I've only just started
playing with it):

http://mongrel2.org/static/mongrel2-manual.html#x1-670005.3

This would mean you'd effectively be dealing with HTTP, so it could
even be something you migrate to after putting the pieces in place you
need to deal with straight-up HTTP.

Thanks,
J.