Re: Bug tagging

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 3:20 AM, Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, yeah. I still like the prefix story.  Not everything needs a prefix, but when concepts really are nested, I think it will help us.

I agree with this but... I think most of the domains (that I *think*)
devs mean when they say 'domain expertise' are overly large and we're
only beginning to get clarity on that (e.g. before the big overhaul of
the buildd system that system would have been considered 'a soyuz
problem' but its now a common service).

There -are- some things that are truely their own domains with their
own modelling needs. The -very inner- heart of soyuz for instance, the
very inner core of bugs/blueprints/answers, the very inner core of
translations, and similarly the core of registry, are real specific
domains. They need to be complemented though by all the domains that
are shared or otherwise outside the very core. For instance, review
(not -just- merge proposals but 'patches', review of pending syncs,
and pending uploads - the soyuz queue concept, and review of
translations) - IMNSHO thats one domain that touches on the more
prominent domains we've given vhosts to.

So I don't think we should nest things that are only historically
within one subteams code base: our long term sanity, breaking things
into services and reducing the size of the code base - getting more
bang for our buck - depend on breaking down these artifical walls.

tl;dr:
 - +1 to nesting *where appropriate*
 - I think its rarely appropriate

-Rob