Re: Bug tagging

Hi Rob,

У суб, 08. 10 2011. у 09:20 +1300, Robert Collins пише:

> So I don't think we should nest things that are only historically
> within one subteams code base: our long term sanity, breaking things
> into services and reducing the size of the code base - getting more
> bang for our buck - depend on breaking down these artifical walls.

I could agree to that to an extent.  However, that means re-working the
entire set of bug tags as we have them. Your email includes a good
example ("review"), there are plenty other general themes
("notifications", "commenting", ...).

However, we'd still have actual subsystems with enough of their bugs
that it's worth keeping them together some how.  For instance,
translations import queue bugs relate to a very specific implementation
of an import queue in Launchpad.  Having all import queues grouped
together under the same tag won't benefit us at all when we are trying
to look for all bugs in the import queue for translations.

Then again, for translations, we do have two tags related to imports
that many people probably won't be able to remember or distinguish
between ("import-queue" and "rosetta-imports": one is for the problem of
actual queue workings, another for import issues).

At this time, I am pretty sure nobody would really use these tags other
than me, but if they were translations-import-queue and
translation-imports, I am sure we'd have many more bugs properly tagged
with them (or at least close enough).

If you believe that we should instead tag these bugs as ("translations",
"imports") or similar, that's all well and fine, but as I said, that
means rethinking all the existing tags to find themes instead.

Cheers,
Danilo