Re: Bug list ordering

On 11/15/2011 11:30 AM, Deryck Hodge wrote:
> I do recognize this isn't completely on topic for this thread, but
> it's worth noting given all the attention heat is getting in this
> thread.

Sorry. Was I off topic? We are discussing this issue because is is
obvious to all of us that something is amiss the the default view of the
project bugs page.

I favour always showing a list since that is that the form and quick
links show.

I think the bug heat issue came up because it is not clear it is
working. Bug heat predates LEPs so I cannot see the use case for the 10
hottest bugs as the default view, nor do I know what the success
criteria is to judge the implementation. I suspect the listing is
flawed...if it was very informative, we would accept that it behaves
differently.

I often sort bug listings by heat. I think it is informative, though I
know details of the implementation that allows me to make informed
judgements that most users cannot make.

--
Curtis Hovey
http://launchpad.net/~sinzui