Re: Bug list ordering

    > Across Launchpad generally closed bugs are very hard to find, but
    > recently closed bugs are often very interesting.

    > I wish we would use some metrics to infer what people are actually
    > trying to do.  Which bug sort orders are most common?  Which portal
    > links do they click?  I wonder if we can make the bugs home page
    > remember what the user wants to see, then consider making the most
    > popular ones the default.

The number of times a bug *page* is requested sounds like another good
source to establish which bugs are the most interesting ones.

Reading your mail made me realize I very often want to reload a bug page
mentioned recently (days/weeks) and my browser history reflects only
*my* usage (sometimes people are talking about bugs I've never visited
yet). In practice, I'm often interested in finding bugs people have
recently commented on or even have been referred to in IRC discussions
(and various bots query the bug pages so that will be taken into
account).

Just my 2 cents,

       Vincent