Re: All hail bikeshedders: looking for a tag to represent critical-in-new-feature

On 1 December 2011 01:46, Francis J. Lacoste
<francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11-11-30 07:00 PM, Martin Pool wrote:
>> On 1 December 2011 09:54, Francis J. Lacoste
>> <francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> We already have a tag for regressions. But we don't have a tag for
>>> critical bugs introduced by new features. So what should we use to group
>>> these? I know that each feature have their own tag, (currently
>>> disclosure and bug-columns for example), but it would be easier for
>>> historical tracking if there was a common tag that was always used.
>>
>> When I first read this I thought you meant bugs caused by new features
>> breaking, in which case I was going to suggest 'self-inflicted', for
>> something almost but not quite like a regression.
>>
>> But it sounds like you are perhaps talking about something that is not
>> a breakage as such but rather gets priority inheritance because it is
>> required to get the feature to a point where we're happy to announce
>> it in which case perhaps 'done-done' would be a tag that shows the
>> right attitude.
>>

> No, I did mean a breakage matching our definition of Critical introduced
> by a new feature.
>
> I like self-inflicted. You also suggested friendly-fire which has a
> weird poetic tone to it.

self-inflicted is great: it sums up how the Critical came about and
has a tint of humility :) friendly-fire would autocomplete in fewer
keystrokes, though.

--
Matthew Revell
Launchpad Product Manager