Re: Bug listings: offering the option of a single line or multi-line view

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 5:07 AM, Matthew Revell
<matthew.revell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion but I think truncating bug titles would make
> the bug listings harder to work with; we'd be introducing a UX
> regression for people who work with lots of bugs every day.
>
> Pretty much every other bug tracker I've seen wraps long bug titles;
> I'm not sure we can avoid that. What I think we need to do is look at
> how we minimise the need for bugs to spill onto more than one line.
>
> We have the bug listings check-point later today, so we'll chat about
> what's do-able within the beta period etc.

Hi. Matthew.

Sorry I haven't replied sooner.  Lots of mail with having been away,
and I'm sprinting this week.

I agree with Huw that the HTML/CSS bit is easy and certainly doable
during beta.  Adding in controls to switch the modes will add 2-3 days
work, in my best guess.  We can certainly chat more about this on the
check-point call later today.

Until then,
Deryck

--