Re: Bug listings: offering the option of a single line or multi-line view

On 2 December 2011 09:27, Gavin Panella <gavin.panella@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2 December 2011 05:45, Huw Wilkins <huw.wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
>> I've attached a mockup of what it might look like if the fields are
>> sitting horizontally. I think this will really only work if you have the
>> right combination of very wide monitor and/or not too many extra fields
>> otherwise you will have fields wrap on to the second line anyway.
>
> Is it feasible to set the bug title overflow:hidden, but
> overflow:visible on hover?

Thanks for the suggestion but I think truncating bug titles would make
the bug listings harder to work with; we'd be introducing a UX
regression for people who work with lots of bugs every day.

Pretty much every other bug tracker I've seen wraps long bug titles;
I'm not sure we can avoid that. What I think we need to do is look at
how we minimise the need for bugs to spill onto more than one line.

We have the bug listings check-point later today, so we'll chat about
what's do-able within the beta period etc.

Cheers!

--
Matthew Revell
Launchpad Product Manager