Re: RFC: either remove 'Ubuntu CoC signing required' for PPA use, or enforce it consistently

They are linked from <https://help.launchpad.net/Legal> as
<https://help.launchpad.net/PPATermsofUse>

> If LP is striving for ease of maintenance, having one thing that
> people need to agree to in order to use the site is probably better
> than having three such things.

+1

Also, the signing mechanism generates some number of bugs and support requests.

Most of the things in the Ubuntu CoC
<http://www.ubuntu.com/project/about-ubuntu/conduct>, such as stepping
down gracefully or asking when you're stuck, are good ideas in general
but irrelevant to running a ppa.

I think the most important thing for a PPA is that people should not
mislead others as to the contents, or knowingly put in malicious code.
 These may well be covered by statute and probably nobody who would do
them would be stopped by a ToS, but other sites seem to find it
worthwhile to say so.  I suppose they are covered in a very highlevel
way by the admonitions to "be considerate" and "be respectful".

So I think Launchpad ought to drop the CoC signing requirement and
improve the ToS text.

--
Martin