Re: Colouring kinds of information?

Hey Curtis,

On 1 March 2012 15:18, curtis Hovey <curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We have a sharing picker that uses colours for each kind of information.
> This will appear in bugs and branches soon, but everyone can see this on
> the skeleton view we built for sharing. I do not think colour is
> appropriate, but maybe other can argue it is needed:

I'll defer to Huw on this but my view is that the different colours
may be a distraction here because they don't have an obvious meaning
and we don't have an established vocabulary for those colours that is
appropriate here.

I know that the Canonical design team have allocated certain colours
for certain meanings and Huw used those colours in the redesign of the
bug listings; he can give more detail on that. However, I don't think
there's a crossover here, where we could apply that colour vocabulary
to this situation.

--
Matthew Revell
Launchpad Product Manager