Quality of commit messages has declined

Hi folks

I've noticed that the quality of some of our commit messages has been pretty
bad for a while now.  Taking some of the last few, not picking on anyone in
particular:

  [r=gary][no-qa] use a private fork of bzr
  [r=gmb][no-qa] Launchpad now depends on zope.testing-3.9.4-p7.

Most of them don't tell me *why* the change is being made; it merely reports
fact.  Why is a private fork of bzr being used?  Why do we need that version
of zope.testing?

Can I urge people to please (re-)read:
https://dev.launchpad.net/PQMCommitMessages
and refresh your memories on good commit messages.  Also if you are a
reviewer, you might want to check the commit message on the MP (or ask the
developer to set it).

Your future selves will thank you!  And so will I!

Cheers