Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Archive management plans for phone RTM

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 09:01:23AM +0200, Didier Roche wrote:
> Le 11/06/2014 05:21, Colin Watson a écrit :
> >  * replacing the "/ubuntu/" part of ppa.launchpad.net URLs
> >  * parameterising the various places that the "ubuntu" distribution is
> >    hardcoded in cupstream2distro/launchpadmanager.py
>
> 1. The only place this needs to be changed is at:
> def get_ubuntu():
>     '''Get the ubuntu distro'''
>     lp = get_launchpad()
>     return lp.distributions['ubuntu']
>
> All the get_series() and other functions are first calling get_ubuntu().

I think we generally want to change things to pass both distribution
name and distroseries name to get_series, too.  At least that's my
experience of the approach that works well in other tools - the "ubuntu"
default can be set in optparse configuration or similar.

> 3. Apart from changing the set of ppas to be based on this new
> distribution and the destination copy (can we retarget the existing
> ones, maybe?), that will be all I think.

We'll need to fix https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/879048
before we know exactly what shape this needs to take.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx]