launchpad-translations-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: Launchpad Translators group help page

Hi,

Il giorno gio, 26/02/2009 alle 18.27 +0200, Adi Roiban ha scritto:

> Do you find this page useful ?
> http://l10n.ubuntu.tla.ro/jaunty-l10n-status/it.html

To some extents, yes.

The problem, at least for me and Italian, is that a lot of people go
there, leave suggestions even if there are already approved and correct
translations, so in some cases (actually quite a lot) they are false
positives.

Since I know that some of those packages are actually assigned to
translators, and that they let us know when it's time to do a review, I
actually would like to see if there are new untranslated strings, so
that I can poke translators and tell them to do their home-works! :)

Since we are following and translating different projects at once, even
scattered around Launchpad, it's not easy to know when new strings
appear (or even when a release is closing in).

In these cases I really think that an RSS feed would be valuable and
precious. Maybe even a per-project notification system that the project
maintainers can use (via RSS) to let people know when a release is due
(maybe based on the milestones thing in Launchpad).

Yeah... it's way complex...

> Right now there are many people doing their first translation in
> Launchad for ubuntu packages that were already translated upstream, but
> not already syncronized with LP. Most of these news translators are
> dissapointed they work is not used and stop using Launchpad.

Do you mean in general or inside a particular team?

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@xxxxxxxxxx>