Re: Upcoming release of Enlightenment DR17

Hi Aron,

2009/11/25 Aron Xu <happyaron.xu@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I will update that wiki page soon since you are mentioning it.
> Previously, developers translate e to their own languages and just
> commit them to svn directly, and there is a mailing-list for other
> translators submission. But the result is only very a few people are
> contributing to the project's localization, so we want to expand the
> participation via rosetta and currently I am taking care of
> translation synchronize between launchpad and e svn.
> Translators can still submit translations to that mailing list and
> will be processed more quickly than on Launchpad because my time is
> limited and only sync them before releases or other important
> repository freezes.
> Hope these information can help.

Sure it can help.

The problem I see is this: if I translate something on Launchpad, and
somebody else submit a translation for the same language of mine
through the project mailing list and directly to SVN, we are
duplicating the effort, and usually upstream translations have the
precedence when imported in Launchpad. But what will happen of
translations done in Launchpad exported to SVN? Which one will take
precedence?

So, will Launchpad be the only way to translate Enlightenment in the future?

As it is now, that you can translate in Launchpad and submit
translations via the project mailing list, there could be confusion
among translators (lack of coordination) and also developers...

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@xxxxxxxxxx>