Re: Upcoming release of Enlightenment DR17

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Milo Casagrande <milo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sure it can help.
>
> The problem I see is this: if I translate something on Launchpad, and
> somebody else submit a translation for the same language of mine
> through the project mailing list and directly to SVN, we are
> duplicating the effort, and usually upstream translations have the
> precedence when imported in Launchpad. But what will happen of
> translations done in Launchpad exported to SVN? Which one will take
> precedence?

In the current status, there are only one contributor still submitting
translations via mailing list on a basis, and the list is quite
silent, so I haven't met such conflicts. If someday such situation
appears, I will let the people submit something to mailing list have a
look at LP contributions, and make a decision on which and how to use
it. Most language are only available from launchpad, and few language
has upstream translators (around five, perhaps).

> So, will Launchpad be the only way to translate Enlightenment in the future?

No, because not all developers like to pull translations from LP, so
the mailing list will be kept.

> As it is now, that you can translate in Launchpad and submit
> translations via the project mailing list, there could be confusion
> among translators (lack of coordination) and also developers...

Well I don't send it to mailing list, but directly to the svn if there
aren't any conflicts. In current state the confusion is not so
obviously due to the development method of enlightenment project, but
we are lacking of documentations to clarify the whole thing in deed.