Re: Prioritize translation types by tags

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:43 PM, salsaman <salsaman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have made this suggestion recently, but a README file for each
> project would be good, so that the project developer(s) can provide
> general advice about translating a particular project.
>
> Also, related to Yinghua's comment, how about a project specific
> dictionary. For example in the project which I develop, the word
> "layout" has a very specific meaning - it refers to the layout of
> clips and effects in the multitrack editing window which can be saved
> and reloaded. Therefore, the same word should be used each time for
> "layout" so as not to confuse end users. The developers could create a
> list of such terms as a project dictionary, and the translators then
> decide on an equivalent word or phrase in their own language. Then
> such keywords could be highlighted in bold in the English translation,
> and when they are moused over, the translation of that keyword could
> be shown as a tooltip.

In the usual po-file based translation workflow, if there are phrases
that are particular to a given project, then those are normally listed
by the translator as  comments in the po header.  Full support for
comments in templates as well as for individual strings would indeed
be a more than welcome addition to Rosetta.  In particular, since
upstreams probably use the header for the module-specific glossaries,
it would be ideal for Rosetta to include a way to manipulate it.  In
conclusion, if we are going to have glossary functionality associated
with the templates, I think it should use the po-file header and not
be related to the suggested tagging system.

Best regards
Ask