Re: Appointing the Launchpad Arabic Translators team

El dj 11 de 11 de 2010 a les 12:37 +0100, en/na Mohamed Ameur va
escriure:
> David,
>
> here's a link:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/confirm/ubuntu-translators/8bb942207f2b52b922b3d81db429b5a5b98286ed

I'd recommend you send the application as suggested on
https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/LaunchpadTranslators#StartingTeam:

"Apply. Send a support request
[https://answers.launchpad.net/rosetta/+addquestion] for the Launchpad
Translations Coordinators to appoint your team in the Launchpad
Translators group. Please include a link to your team and a short note
explaining how you have addressed the points above."

The mailing list is great for discussion (as this current one, for
example), but support requests for appointing teams are best tracked in
Launchpad, that's why we're asking people to do it like that.

I'd also recommend you to subscribe to the mailing list if you want to
continue with the discussion, otherwise I need to manually moderate each
one of your posts. I don't mind at all, but I tend to do mailing list
moderation only once a day, so your posts might get there with a bit of
delay.

> I believe that the better way to make progress is to Merge Teams, and
> apply changes by assigning more approved people for that task, we
> don't need a bureaucratic/dictator process, Everybody is welcome to
> make progress, we just need control, that's all.
>
> By the way here's a little background about me:
>
> I've been around computers since mid 90's, worked as translator in
> several oil companies; and was an English teacher once, discovered
> GNU/Linux around 1998, was a 100% Gnu/Linux user around 2002.
>
> I'm teaching Computers and specially only Free Software on my free
> time at home for free to my Community, and some English.
>
> Working on spreading the Free Software into my country and try to
> prove that they can live without installing a pirated system (Because
> down here if you try to sell an Original  M$ Windows, most of them
> think you're crazy, they buy food with that money)
>
> Now people are getting more and more Going Linux, it's slow but
> effective.

Thanks a lot for sharing this. With your background it seems that your
contributions translating in Launchpad will be very valuable. I'd
recommend talking to Khaled and the other Arabic translators in their
mailing list about either joining an existing lp-l10n-CC team or lead
the effort of coordinating a new one.

Regards,
David.