Re: [Launchpad-users] Chromium browser now translatable in Launchpad

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 01:01:38PM +0100, David Planella wrote:
> El dv 10 de 12 de 2010 a les 18:30 +0200, en/na Amed Çeko Jiyan va
> escriure:
> > I didnt understand what you mean "piss off all users of scripts"
> > khaled.
> > I am only trying to start translation Chromium and i need help for
> > that. THAT IS WHY I AM ASKING!!!
> > Do you have any problem with me? Or with my name? OR with some thing
> > else?
> > You should be "human" and kind!!!
> > It is very bad to use words like "piss off" on mailing lists...
> > Try to be kind.
> >

> Guys, this is a thread discussing an announcement about a very popular
> Open Source project opening translations to community. It's great news
> and we should be happy about them, so please let's try to keep the tone
> down and the communication civilised.
>
> Amed, I'm sure Khaled's comment wasn't directed at you. The way I
> interpret it is that he was simply complaining about what he sees as
> lack of good support in Chromium for complex scripts such as Arabic.
>
> Khaled, please try to avoid using strong words and a bit more context to
> the replies in the future. Most of us in this list are not native
> English speakers, and while I'm sure that wasn't your intention, such
> replies can be easily misinterpreted.
>
> If anyone finds any bugs in the Chromium browser, I'd encourage them to
> submit a bug upstream at:
>
>   http://www.chromium.org/for-testers/bug-reporting-guidelines
>
> And by the way, as someone has already asked me already, this is not
> part of any plans to make Chromium the default browser for Ubuntu. While
> being community-translatable will certainly help as a plus point if this
> is discussed in the future, it is unrelated to the more general decision
> on the default desktop browser.

Sorry if I offended any one, my comment was about making chromium the
default browser, not directed to any ones comment, sorry again. I'm not
a native English speaker either, so I didn't realise how strong the
words I used.

My concern is that chromium on Linux, unlike on Windows, has serious RTL
and complex text layout issues, all have been reported for months now,
and not yet fixed, so replacing a browser with excellent language
support with a broken one is a step backwards and whoever is taking that
decision should consider that.

Regards,
 Khaled