Re: [Launchpad-users] Minor changes to handling of upstream translations

Hello Danilo!

First of all, thank you for all the great work you and the Launchpad
Translations team do on Launchpad!
Thank you!

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 16:18, Danilo Šegan <danilo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What changes?
> -------------
>
> All translations marked as "current" (or active) in all upstream
> projects will, in addition, be marked as "imported" (or "packaged" in
> the UI).  We found that this distinction has always been confusing and
> not really relevant or appropriate.
>
> Practically, the only thing that changes is that "purple" bars will be
> gone from upstream projects' translation overview pages.  Also, "changed
> in Launchpad" filter will become mostly useless for upstream projects
> until the roll-out of the next Launchpad release in January.
>
> Your say?
> ---------
>
> We are looking forward to hearing from you.  Is perhaps a 'changed in
> Launchpad' feature critical for you?

It's not critical, but useful in some aspects.
There are upstream translations that we deliberately diverge from
(different views on terms or symbols to use), and we use that filter
to keep track of what we changed, and what we need to keep an eye on.

We can probably live without that, but I find it useful.

Ciao.

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@xxxxxxxxxx>