Re: Dropping old/partial translations

Hi,

I am working with Jmol project, a free molecule viewer.

We have decided to keep all translations, even if only a small percentage of
the texts are translated.
But we made a few modifications in the software itself :

   - Jmol is mainly used as a Java applet on websites, so the size of the
   applet must be kept as small as possible. We packaged each language in a
   separate .jar file so that a language file is only downloaded if the
   language is used.
   - The language menu only contains languages with a high percentage of
   translations. Other languages can still be used either by following user
   Locale settings, or by commands. We also don't advertise on languages that
   are partially translated

I don't see the problem with translations that haven't changed in a long
time :

   - if original texts haven't changed, the translation is still correct
   - if original texts have changed, you will see the percentage of
   completion go down

Jmol translations : https://translations.launchpad.net/jmol

Nico