Re: Added possibility to translate the online help of qpdfview

Hello Yuri,

Am 13.09.2013 20:33, schrieb Yuri Chornoivan:
> п'ятниця, 13-вер-2013 21:16:11 ви написали:
>

>> Hello Launchpad translators,
>

>> Thank you for your continued effort to keep qpdfview's
>> translation
>
>> current and complete!
>

>> Beginning with the current development cycle, we add the
>> possibility
>
>> to translate qpdfview's online help which is a single
>> self-contained
>
>> HTML file with a size of about 20 kB.
>

>> Our translation template does now contain the string "help.html"
>> which
>
>> should be replaced by the name of the localized online help if
>> (and
>
>> only if) one is available, e.g. by "help_fr.html" if we are able
>
>> ship a "help_fr.html" containing a French version of the online
>> help.
>

>> It isn't as easy to use and collaborative as Launchpad's
>> translation
>
>> system as localized versions will have to be send to us directly
>> or
>
>> using merge requests through Launchpad. Also, the whole file
>> needs to
>
>> be translated instead of some small texts.
>

>> Hence we are still very much open to suggestions for a better way
>
>> handle this, but if anyone is interested in writing a localized
>> online
>
>> help as plain HTML, please let me know. Thank you for your help!
>

>> Best regards, Adam.
>

>> P.S.: Sorry, if this is a duplicate. Wrong source address in the
>> first
>
>> go...
>

> Hi,
>

> Is it possible to use conventional Gettext format for the help
> file translations (the corresponding conversion scripts attached)?

Thanks for suggestion! I didn't know about po4a.

I can run the scripts and and create a POT which I could upload to
Launchpad. But it seems that the format of the help file could be
improved somewhat as the msgid are a bit non-uniform, e.g. some
contain spurious newlines and some not. It would probably be good if I
get "help.html" in good shape before publishing a template.

Are you reachable via IRC or XMPP to discuss how to optimize the HTML
for po4a? I am for example reachable via adam.reichold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

> Can you also fix a typo in help.html:186 ("Determins" should be
> "Determines")? <src:/help.html:186>

Thanks for spotting it, fixed in trunk revision 1270.

> Thanks in advance for your work. <src:/help.html:186>
>

> Best regards, <src:/help.html:186>
>
> Yuri <src:/help.html:186>

Best regards, Adam.