Re: Getting a checkout

Tim Cook wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> For several months I have been using Launchpad to do vcs mirroring of my
> project hosted on an SVN server.  We are now ready to move to using just
> Launchpad for everything including code maintenance.
>
> Problem is....I can't even figure out how to get a code checkout.  I've
> read the 5 minute guide, I have read the entire user manual.  I just
> don't get it.  I've tried command line options and Olive.  No luck yet
> except to get statistical info.....no code anywhere.
>
> The vcs is at:
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/oship/trunk/files

Do this:

bzr init-repo oship
#^^^ makes a local shared repo for you, which will make you much happier
cd oship
bzr branch lp:~vcs-imports/oship/trunk

Should do the trick to get you a branch. You can then do:

cd trunk
bzr push lp:oship

to push to the main oship branch on launchpad. From that point on,
people who want a branch of the code can just do:

bzr branch lp:oship