Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Launchpad, Merge Requests, Making Do

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 02:28:36 -0500, Monty Taylor <mordred@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Brian Aker wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > One big problem I am hitting with Launchpad is the activereviews
> > interface. The problem is that once a tree "need fixes" I don't really
> > have a good way of knowing if someone has made fixes or not.
> >
> > I need a page I can work from, so what I am thinking I am going to be
> > doing is deleting requests on merges if the review turned  up any sort
> > of rejection to the code that raises good questions. Right now this is
> > the only solution I can find to keeping the list an active "this is what
> > needs to be merged" list. For the last week I have been finding myself
> > going back and reading comments trying to remember if a particular tree
> > has been been updated. It is hard to tell if my requests, or someone
> > else's requests have been answered.

Yes, the Launchpad team has this same problem.  In fact, Aaron Bentley and I
had a discussion about this very thing two weeks ago.  Aaron had reviewed my
branch and asked me to make changes.  In order to get the branch out of
activereviews, he set the branch merge proposal status to "Work in progress"
The issue then is that I can't see the proposal in my activereviews to know I
need to get on it (out of sight usually means out of mind).  The workaround
currently is for me to use some other method (a notepad) to make sure I don't
forget about the branch.

There is an open bug about this, if you'd like to "Me too" it:

  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-code/+bug/385255

Cheers,
Paul