Re: [Drizzle-discuss] Launchpad, Merge Requests, Making Do

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Paul Hummer<paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 02:28:36 -0500, Monty Taylor <mordred@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Brian Aker wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > One big problem I am hitting with Launchpad is the activereviews
>> > interface. The problem is that once a tree "need fixes" I don't really
>> > have a good way of knowing if someone has made fixes or not.
>> >
>> > I need a page I can work from, so what I am thinking I am going to be
>> > doing is deleting requests on merges if the review turned  up any sort
>> > of rejection to the code that raises good questions. Right now this is
>> > the only solution I can find to keeping the list an active "this is what
>> > needs to be merged" list. For the last week I have been finding myself
>> > going back and reading comments trying to remember if a particular tree
>> > has been been updated. It is hard to tell if my requests, or someone
>> > else's requests have been answered.
>
> Yes, the Launchpad team has this same problem.  In fact, Aaron Bentley and I
> had a discussion about this very thing two weeks ago.  Aaron had reviewed my
> branch and asked me to make changes.  In order to get the branch out of
> activereviews, he set the branch merge proposal status to "Work in progress"
> The issue then is that I can't see the proposal in my activereviews to know I
> need to get on it (out of sight usually means out of mind).  The workaround
> currently is for me to use some other method (a notepad) to make sure I don't
> forget about the branch.
>
> There is an open bug about this, if you'd like to "Me too" it:
>
>  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-code/+bug/385255

That bug kind of confuses me. I understand Brian's original post, but
I don't understand how that bug represents the same problem. I have
the problem that Brian does: I can't tell when I need to re-review a
branch. Is there a bug that more precisely reflects this use case?

--
Christopher Armstrong
http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/