Re: bug tags & importance and people

Kjell Braden wrote:
> Christian Robottom Reis schrieb:
>> On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 01:00:15AM +0530, shirish wrote:
>>>        Another thing i've been trying to find out is if i can find out
>>> when an x person logged in last. Just for e.g.
>>> https://edge.launchpad.net/~onno-itmaze/ but there is just no way. Of
>> This is a cool idea, and I'm happy Matthew has filed this bug so we can
>> plan on doing this.
>>
>> There is a slight privacy disclosure item here. Does anyone feel
>> strongly about this, or is it okay to disclose your last logged in time
>> to other -- logged in -- Launchpad users?
>
> Well, this could be a nice feature, but I wouldn't like to be forced to
> show it. Anyway, a privacy option would be nice for the karma page, too.

Facebook actually has a nice approach to privacy settings (even if in
implementation it breaks some time) that might be worth taking a peek
at. For all of the various types of information you can put in, you can
specify public, private or private only for people in your friendlist.
Now, I'm not 100% sure what "people in your friend list" would mean in
the Launchpad context - but I do know that the fine-grained choices
about what to show and not to show is appreciated there.

Monty