Re: Translator credits

Am Sonntag, 19. August 2007 schrieb Daniel Nylander:
> I noticed that you started to automagically insert the names of all the
> contributors in the translator-credits string.
>
> They look a bit wierd when there is no space between the names, i.e
> "Daniel Nylander,Daniel Nylander"
>
> I really don't like that you insert the names of people who make
> translation suggestions. In my case, there are a lot of Swedish
> "translators" who suggests a lot of (often really bad) translations. I
> don't think that unused suggestions qualify as contributions.

Before I add any further comment on this, I would like to ask for the final
design of this "translators" list in Ubuntu and Kubuntu.

I actualized my Kubuntu and Ubuntu installations today and saw well organized
translators lists in Ubuntu, differentiated in Upstream and Launchpad with
the name and Launchpad account for the Ubuntu translators.

But in Kubuntu there was just a ugly mess with some random names of upstream
and Launchpad translators without any further comment, ordering, often
without any mail adresses and some names two or three times in the list...

Will the final design be like the Ubuntu one or like the Kubuntu one?

Or will there be two different designs?

Cheers, Jannick Kuhr