Re: Translator credits

Hi Daniel,

Yesterday at 17:28, Daniel Nylander wrote:

> I noticed that you started to automagically insert the names of all the
> contributors in the translator-credits string.
>
> They look a bit wierd when there is no space between the names, i.e
> "Daniel Nylander,Daniel Nylander"

Does that really happen with translator-credits, or with KDE-ones?
KDE ones are required to be like that, except that I need to fix
duplication to avoid cases like above.

> I really don't like that you insert the names of people who make
> translation suggestions. In my case, there are a lot of Swedish
> "translators" who suggests a lot of (often really bad) translations. I
> don't think that unused suggestions qualify as contributions.

It's hard to tell the difference.  In my experience (with Serbian
translators), there are also a lot of unused suggestions submitted by
people which I have to fix to use agreed-on term (which they don't
know about).

But, I have still made use of their contribution, and only modified
bits of it.  Sometimes more, sometimes less, but it's hard to
determine programmatically what is actually a contribution and what is
not, and having a measure of "enough" contributions is probably as
tricky.

Basically, the list is the same as you can see on "PO file overview"
page which lists "Contributors".

Cheers,
Danilo