Re: PPA TOS and license requirements

It is only free creative commons licensing that we should accept:

CC PD (which is just PD)
CC-BY
CC-BY-SA

We shouldn't allow anything with -NC (non commercial) or -ND (no
derivatives). It could be argued that -NC and -ND are redistributable
(unmodified, by Ubuntu) - however they are non-free as people can't
modify them and/or sell things containing them.

"licensed under a licenses permitting redistribution free of charge"
seems to have the wrong meaning of free and is a bit of a basic error
for a linux distro to be making..

caroline