Re: my 2 cents to PPA evaluation - Enable uploads to post-release pockets in PPA

On 10/11/07, B Berteh <berteh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Celso for making the things clearer:
>
> I indeed would like to be allowed to build packages in PPA against dependencies not satisfied in 'release' but only in 'backports', such as libtheora-dev being too old in 'dapper', but satisfactory in 'dapper-backports'.

Right, but just for your information the build-deps will be satisfied
by a association of all post-release pockets (release, updates,
security and backports) in -backports chroot, so, it's not 'only in
-backports' as you said.

The association is similiar to the ogre-model:

++-----------++------------------------------------------++
||  target   ||            build-deps                    ||
++-----------++------------------------------------------++
|| release   || release                                  ||
|| updates   || release + updates + security             ||
|| proposed  || release + updates + security + proposed  ||
|| security  || release + security                       ||
|| backports || release + updates + security + backports ||

> I filled a bug asking for this feature, were I deliberately copied your first proposal of a solution, as it would already be great to have... I guess this discussion is better supported by the bug tracking tool than the mailing list:
>
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/151528

Thank you.

[]
--