Re: [Fwd: hggdh2 deactivated by matthew.revell]

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 1:46 AM, Sarah Hobbs <hobbsee@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The more harassment I get from ubuntu, and launchpad, the more personal
information I remove from it.  I don't  like being harassed, and I don't
like people deciding it's OK for me, and others to be harassed, so they
can feel more safe and confident.  If i end up then going and violating
policies for teams that i'm a member of, then I'll just have to leave
those teams.  It's not worth being harassed, just to be on a team.

Yes, this is something I feel very strongly about, hence the harsh mail.

Hobbsee
(who, up until mid-last year, was going by nickname only, even while
being a MOTU, and being a part of the beta testers team)

And after the Kathy Sierra ordeal last year, I could definitely see a lot of women being *very* interested in hiding their IRL identities to protect themselves from harassment.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169