Re: Bug comments

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 09:48:42PM +0000, Bruce Cowan wrote:
> For instance, some add "me too" comments. Others start insulting the
> developers saying "I'll leave if you don't fix this". Yet more ask
> questions in bugs, and others answer them.
>
> This makes it rather difficult to actually see what needs to be done to
> fix the bug.
>
> I propose some kind of commenting guidelines that should be displayed
> underneath the "Add a comment/attachment" dropdown.

Unfortunately, the users who add this sort of comments are the same
users who don't read guidelines. There are probably two solutions to
this problem:

    - Allowing a user to click on a "Me too" button
    - Allowing irrelevant comments to hidden or demoted

I think there are bugs filed on both these improvements.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125